Wednesday, July 30, 2014

How Much Water Do You Drink??? Is it clean?




We have had another storm warning. We were under threat of a typhoon and even though it missed us we still have a lot of flooding, debris, and it is still pouring down rain here.




That doesn't mean I don't get thirsty. No matter how much it rains, I still get up and drink a liter of water before my coffee. I still drink another liter or 2 each day. (plus my diet coke of course). 



I drink the water but it doesn’t quench my thirst like diet coke does….and on top of that I am a diet coke connoisseur: I prefer a fountain soda with a good mix and a non-drip cup.




Let's look at this spiritually. There are a lot of wells to drink at spiritually, even in the church. But Jesus is the Living Water. He is the only thing that can satisfy our thirst. Once you drink at the well of Jesus you will never be thirsty again.

I am even pickier about my relationship with Christ than I am about my diet coke. I do not want a watered down gospel. I prefer a solid word based church. I want pastors that have not exalted themselves about the body and above the word of God. I want to be able to drink clear, clean water.

John 7:38 Whoever believes in Me as the scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.

Water is the most important resource on earth. (OK, maybe air is just as important but that is another blog) Without water all things would perish

With Jesus we have living water to continually refresh and empower us daily.

What does this have to do with intercession????

People are dying of thirst all around us…in the natural there are companies that go all over the world providing fresh, clean water for people who are drinking disease laden, bug infested water. In the spiritual we need to go (either in prayer or in person) around the world and provide fresh, clean water for people who are drinking demonic, diseased spiritual water.


Time to Pray…

No comments:

Post a Comment