Thursday, May 8, 2014

Are You Learning Anything????

Do you ever wonder how you learned something? For instance, how did you learn to walk? Whether you remember or not, someone taught you. Did you have a favorite teacher? Ever have an “aha” moment? Remember who was teaching you when that happened?

I have a love of books and reading. I learned that from my mom. I have no memory of learning that love from her. I did though. I know she read to me a lot because I do remember trying to imitate her. She taught me by example. She read (and still does) voraciously!


We learn a lot subconsciously. Movies, TV, magazines—we learn by what is presented to us, what is modeled. When I was a child it was “cool” to smoke. I knew it was “cool” because everyone who was “cool” smoked. Actors, singers, people on TV, in movies, at concerts, people I admired. Did someone I know teach me? No, but I learned. I also learned to quit—a slightly different process.

What are you learning? As we “age” in Christ often we become more and more like the world. How about you? 

Habakkuk 1:13 Your eyes are too pure to look on evil;

Psalm 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

This is a season where people are falling away. It is also a season where the Church is being divided between the sheep and the goats. People are becoming weary in well doing and walking away from anything hard. Intercessors are not walking in the integrity they once did.

There is so little consistency in Christianity that seeing the hurt hearts gasp at the love of Christ when you tell someone you have been praying for them is heart wrenching. 

This is a season where people are falling away. It is also a season where the Church is being divided between the sheep and the goats. People are becoming weary in well doing and walking away from anything hard. 

Intercessors are not walking in the integrity they once did.

There is so little consistency in Christianity that seeing the hurt hearts gasp at the love of Christ when you tell someone you have been praying for them is heart wrenching.

Who is teaching you?
  • The world?
  • The movies?
  • The Holy Spirit?
  • Have you compromised your walk?

It is time to pray. Start with yourself. Purify your heart. Clear out any areas of compromise. Energize your tiredness. Renew your enthusiasm. 

Don't let the enemy pick off the body of Christ. The Lord is coming back for a Bride.

Revelation 19:6-8

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like a roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.”

(Fine linen stands for the acts of righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

Are you ready to be given “linen bright and clean to wear”?

It is the season to press in. Bring yourself back to your first love. Get a hunger for righteousness. Pray for the body. It is wounded, bleeding and needing restoration. 



No comments:

Post a Comment