Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Light Some Candles

Since I first accepted Jesus Christ many years ago I have seen hundreds of people from all walks of life come to the Lord after hearing what God did in my life. I have learned a lot about how to hear the Lord and I have grown in understanding of who God is and how He operates. Another thing I have learned over time is that I really know very little. That is one of the reasons I love meeting new people, hearing what they have to say, hearing their perspective on God and learning what God has done in their lives.

I heard a lady give just a bit of her testimony one Sunday. She was going to celebrate her one year anniversary being saved on Monday and she was excited about it. She was thrilled with what God is doing in her life. She was enthused about how she wakes up every morning thrilled with what God has done for her and excited about what God will bring this day and all the days of her life to come. She is constantly in awe of the deliverance He is doing in her life. She, like all of us, came out of a lot of pain, guilt and suffering in her life and is now filled with the love, peace, freedom and joy that can only come from a personal relationship with Christ.

This woman of God testified that just because she has accepted Christ does not mean that she will never sin again or ever have another problem in her life. It does not mean she will never hurt people, react selfishly, say hurtful things, lie, get proud, judge people, be unfair, get too busy to notice the hurt hearts in the people she encounters in her daily life, step on a child’s feelings when they only wanted to tell you something exciting, tell something she should not have because the person she was talking about is not present, believe a lie about someone without asking them what the truth is or dismiss people by how they look. But she knew that because she is saved her all sins are forgiven: past, present and future.

This little new Christian reminded me once again of how very much the Lord loves us. I get accused of being too enthusiastic about God sometimes—but you should meet her. She shines. I hope I still shine like she does. I am so detail oriented and so intense I wonder sometimes. Do people still see that love I have for Christ? Do I still radiate the joy of my salvation? Do I still exude the fragrance of life to a dying world? I DO! I know because God says I do! 

To help me keep Christ in my heart and mind constantly I burn a lot of candles--usually in several rooms at once. I like to walk into a room and smell something enticing—that way, even if I am just going in to clean the room or make a bed my heart is happy because the fragrance always reminds me of Christ. Do I notice if it is missing? Absolutely and I immediately get another candle to burn. To experience the fragrance there has to be the perfume and a fire. Jesus is the fragrance—He gave His life so we have life. The Holy Spirit is the fire. That presence that goes before us opening doors with a power that man cannot close. Light some candles today and every day to constantly remind you of God’s love.

What does this have to do with intercession?

Everytime you light a candle, everytime you smell the fragrance pray....

No comments:

Post a Comment