Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Intercession

Intercession

I put on my armor this morning
     Each price lovingly placed.
A ritual, yet not a habit.
A daily occurrence,
     Sometimes with more thought than others.

Each piece examined,
     polished
     cleaned,
     repaired
                through prayer. But.......

today my armor seems heavy.
It seems too big for me,
it makes my heart ache. Lord,
     where is the repair for that?

Today I want to be a child again,
     with five stones 
                  and a slingshot
     or dancing with all my might
                  before your throne. Yet,

because of obedience, I put my armor in place.
Because of love I raise up to take my position
                   in Your unseen Army and 
the ache once again
causes intercession to begin.

8/6/86

No comments:

Post a Comment